Thursday, July 22, 2010

Iqaluit, Nunavut

Day 3 of the journey. What happened to Day 2? Well, I experienced a mild setback common to travel in the Arctic: poor weather. From Ottawa to Iqaluit, Nunavut, it was fine (3.5 hrs) but the Iqaluit to Resolute leg was canceled due to poor conditions. Great.

Iqaluit is the capital city of Nunavut, but its most distinguishing characterisic is the number of pterodactyls it has. No! I'm just kidding. Those things that are aggressively trying to kill me are just mosquitoes. And they are not the size of pterodactyls. They're the size of C-130s. Maybe I can ask one of them to airlift me to Resolute...

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Zolnai Blog said...

See why you might've been stuck in Resolute's fog bank? Looking forward to your further posts in that fascinating area!

July 22, 2010 at 4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home